Table of Contents
Consumers and businesses today spend most of their time online. If you want to reach them and get more customers, you need to advertise on their platforms.
Navigating today’s ever-changing digital marketplace demands a strong marketing experience and strategy knowledge. Without digital marketing professionals, organizations use “one-size-fits-all” tactics or mindlessly follow fleeting internet trends. Marketing your brand without a plan is a recipe for disaster. Without a digital marketing strategy consultation, jumping into implementation leads to lost expenditures and poor ROI.
Long-term business success requires a data-driven, company-specific digital marketing plan. But what exactly is a digital marketing strategy? And how does the strategic marketing process work? In the sections that follow, we answer these and other important questions:
Definition of Digital Marketing Strategy
A digital marketing campaign starts with a plan for how to market online. This is a set of actions meant to be done on carefully chosen online channels to help businesses reach their digital marketing goals.
What is a digital marketing strategy in the context of corporate expansion?
It’s important to note that digital marketing isn’t just putting your brand online. Instead, planning a digital marketing strategy means looking at what your business is doing well (and what it isn’t doing well) to target an audience better and turn them into paying customers in the future.
Neglecting the significance of strategic planning for marketing initiatives hinders your ability to:
- Determine and correct your mistakes in digital marketing
- Use your digital platforms to their fullest
- Make your sales pipeline bigger and get more customers
- Outperform your competitors
On the other hand, if you start by making a digital marketing strategy, you can:
- Figure out where you’re falling short
- Improve your audience targeting and reach
- Drive more traffic, leads and sales
- Build your brand and compete with industry giants
You can also get quick sales when you learn how to make a digital marketing strategy. Using a strategic marketing process helps you get off on the right foot – and makes it easier to scale your efforts in the future.
Creating a Digital Marketing Strategy
Whether you hire a digital marketing agency or promote your business yourself, you must grasp how digital marketing methods work. Digital marketing strategy creation produces action plans to achieve brand goals. This stage is vital to achieving corporate goals and gaining a competitive advantage online.
Ready for some marketing strategy? Follow these steps with your digital marketing strategy consultants or internal team:
Start With Setting SMART Goals
Setting your goals is the first step in making a marketing plan. Setting goals is important because it helps you know where you want to go (and what to do to get there). You can’t just go after goals which you think are good.
A good example of a digital marketing strategy is based on “SMART” marketing goals:
- Specific: Your objectives must be specific. For example, to increase your lead-to-customer conversion rate by 20% by Q3 2022.
- Measurable: You can measure your progress using measurable targets. Our precise aim is also quantifiable since you’ll know when you’ve succeeded (when your conversion rate has increased by 20%).
- Attainable: Your goals should be something you can reach with the skills, resources and time you have.
- Relevant: Your business should be a part of your marketing goals. These should meet the needs of your business and help you reach your business goals.
- Time-bound: Lastly, you should set a date by which you want to reach your goals. You can put your long-term goals ahead of your daily tasks when you have a timeframe.
Conduct Market Research and Develop Buyer Personas
After comprehending the first stage in building a marketing plan, it’s essential to identify your target market. Creating buyer personas after a digital marketing strategy session helps you design audience-focused executions.
What are buyer personas? Your ideal clients’ data- and research-based profiles including age, region and spending power. These profiles reveal industry problems.
If you need assistance establishing buyer personas for your marketing plan, a reputable digital marketing strategy agency like Mediaforce can help.
Evaluate Your Existing Digital Efforts
Before executing new strategies with your digital marketing strategy agency, you must first know where you stand in terms of your online presence. Your successes help you discover the best channels to work on.
Not sure where or how to begin? Take a look at what you’re already doing in:
- Website design and development or website audits
- eCommerce marketing planning
- Search engine optimization (SEO) strategy
- Reputation management strategy
- Content marketing strategy
- Social media strategy
- Pay-per-click (PPC) strategy
Determine how much traffic and leads your present marketing activity generates. Consult a digital marketing strategist if you’re unsure how to examine your marketing plan.
Construct Your Digital Marketing Strategy Utilizing Your Data
Now that you have objectives, buyer personas and an internet presence, put together your marketing approach. This process includes designing your marketing strategy and methods. Find strategic marketing consulting services to assist design a data-driven game plan.
Mediaforce Digital Marketing Agency has served hundreds of companies since 1996. Our data-driven digital marketing strategy consulting sessions have helped customers establish a solid sales process.
Are you ready to get your marketing strategy off the ground with the help of one of the best strategic marketing consulting firms in North America? Get in touch with us today, and let’s start making a plan for online marketing that works.
Visit us today at mediaforce.ca online or call us at (613) 729-0500 for more information.